Yerba mate is a traditional South American herbal tea made from the leaves and twigs of the Ilex paraguariensis plant, It's said to have the strength of coffee, the health benefits of tea, and the joy of chocolate!
Here are the top 8 health benefits of yerba mate.
- Rich in Antioxidants and many beneficial plant nutrients
- Help increase your energy levels and boost your mental focus.
- Enhanced physical performance - Yerba mate increases your body’s reliance on fat for fuel during exercise. It may also improve muscle contractions and reduce fatigue.
- Yerba mate may have some anti-bacterial, anti-parasitic, and anti-fungal properties. However, more research is needed.
- Yerba mate may reduce appetite, boost metabolism, and increase the amount of fat burned for fuel. This could help you lose weight.
- Yerba mate has anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties that may boost your immune system.
- Yerba mate may improve insulin signaling and blood sugar control. However, more human research is needed.
- Yerba mate's antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and cholesterol-lowering properties may help protect against heart disease.
This beverage contains various beneficial compounds linked to impressive health benefits.
If you'd like to give yerba mate a try, start slowly and make sure to let it cool a little before drinking it.